Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Supplements

It is possible to stay completely healthy without the use of supplements, especially if you're sticking to a diet filled with healthy organic food and drinks and exercise, but sometimes certain supplements can definetely provide that extra boost and improve upon an already healthy status. It can get really confusing though, because there's millions of supplements out there that cover every possible variety. A lot of them can be unhealthy, especially when mixing too many different kinds together. And a lot of them don't deliver the kind of results that they promise. I've always believed in the "Less is Best" approach when it comes to supplements and I wanted to share the ones that I've found to be really healthy and beneficial.

Multivitamin:

When looking for a multivitamin, it's very important that you make sure it's a whole-foods based one and that it contains mostly organic ingredients. If it's not whole-foods based, it might as well be a placebo. The one that I've found that works best for me is http://www.gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/LivingNutrients/LivingMultisupsupMens/tabid/668/Default.aspx (the directions say to take 6 pills per day, but I think that must be for extreme cases because if I take anymore than 1 a day, I feel I've taken too much). In fact, I strongly recommend Garden of Life in general. You can view all of their other products at http://www.gardenoflife.com/Home/tabid/1974/Default.aspx and drag down the list from the "Products for Life" option.

Protein:

When you work out on a regular basis, taking a protein powder can be very beneficial. Finding a good one can be extra tricky though because there's a lot of very unhealthy brands out there and they all promise amazing and almost unrealistic results. The one that I've found to be the best is http://www.sunwarrior.com/product-info/classic-protein/. I like Sunwarrior protien because it's raw, vegan, and doesn't contain any GMO's. I've found it to be safe and effective and the chocolate flavored one tastes really good. From what I understand, the Warrior Blend option is just as good as the classic one, but I havn't tried that one yet.

MSM:

A supplement that many people recommended to me, and one that David Wolfe highly promotes, is called MSM. This supplement is really beneficial as it helps to improve a lot of things ranging from joints, skin, hair, cartilage, and a number of other things. I've heard it referred to as an anti-aging supplement before, and that seems to be the case. The one that I've found to be the best is http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/Omica-Organics-Non-Petroleum-MSM-Crystals-1-lb-p/msmcrystals1lbomica.htm. It's organic and comes in the form of a powder. MSM has no known toxicity, so you can take a lot of it without worrying, but I'd recommend mixing 1 tablespoon with water or juice twice a day.

Those are the only supplements that I currently take, but for anyone who is interested in looking around to add more supplements to their regimen, I strongly recommend the website http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/Default.asp. Everything for sale on that website has been approved by and meets the standards of nutritional expert David Wolfe.

No comments:

Post a Comment